Experienced Car Accident Lawyers in Charlotte NC
Automobile accidents can cause both physical and emotional turmoil, especially if you or a passenger has suffered injuries, or if your car requires extensive repairs. Fortunately, you may entitled to compensation if someone else is to blame for the accident, which can be helpful when it comes to paying for your pain and suffering, as well as any accident-related bills. You may need the legal help of a car accident lawyer if the accident was serious enough to cause severe or fatal injuries, if alcohol or drug use was involved, or if the insurance company is not willing to pay fair compensation.
Primary Causes of Automobile Accidents
An average of four people are injured in a motor vehicle accident every minute in the United States. While most of these accidents are minor, there are some complex situations that require outside help. Was the other driver insured? Is there a disagreement about who is at fault? Were multiple vehicles involved in the accident? If you’re dealing with a complicated case, consider contacting a car accident lawyer. The primary causes of automobile accidents include:
- Distracted drivers – Districted drivers are one of the most common cause of accidents. This includes drivers who are talking on the phone, texting, messing with the stereo, or paying attention to other passengers.
- Impaired drivers – Impaired drivers include those who are under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other mind-altering substance.
- Drowsy drivers – Drowsy drivers are usually those than have been behind the wheel for several hours and are generally fatigued, or those who have taken a medication that causes drowsiness.
- Aggressive drivers – Aggressive drivers may speed, tailgate, ignore traffic signals, frequently change lanes, fail to yield the right of way, make rude or obscene gestures, or behavior in a reckless manner.
- Other drivers – Some drivers may become involved in accidents for other reasons, such as due to poor weather conditions like rain, snow, ice, fog, or sleet.
Your car accident is most likely one of the most traumatic situations you will ever experience. If the accident was serious, you may now face months or even years of medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Don’t rush to settle your claim or admit to fault if you’re a victim. Contact a car accident lawyer today and get the recovery you deserve.